Roberts

Sunday, April 6, 2008

General Conference

The last two days have been spent on the couch watching conference. It sounds really lazy. Ten hours in front of a screen in two days. It was really good though. I think I enjoyed priesthood session the most.

I could sense a change in President Monson. Not a change of personality or character, but some kind of change. It was evidence to me of his calling as the president of the church. He definitely has a voice of authority, even more so than before. I really enjoyed the talks he gave.

In Priesthood, President Monson said something about shedding the old self and choosing now to become the person you want to be. I love the message that the gospel brings about the possibility of change. We can become better, and it can be as easy as making a conscious decision to be better.

No comments: