Roberts

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mind your own!

As of late, I have become extremely annoyed with the apparently large population of people here that invite themselves quiet unabashedly into other people's business. Let's get one thing clear... I am not like you and I don't plan on ever being anything remotely similar to your version of the ideal, upright Mormon citizen of Provo, Utah. If you keep insisting on calling me "we" or "us" and assume that I, like you, have a huge stick up my butt, I am going to have to hurt you.

Okay, let me explain. Apparently one of the people described above heard about a certain camping trip to Moab that I will be going on tomorrow. And would you believe it, there are boys AND girls going. I know- devilish. This person saw fit to contact the authorities immediately. I mean, you have to right? Boys + Girls in Moab = sex. Everyone knows that.

Anyway, a few white lies later, questions were dropped about this scandalous trip. It drives me mad. That isn't the only thing that has happened this week. Some people just love serving. They seem happy to do just about anything for anyone. They are so enthusiastic that they kindly sign you up to participate. Well, news flash- I will volunteer my time when I have time to volunteer. I know I sound like a selfish grinch, but I had 4 hours of free time today that I had to clean, cook, pack, do laundry, and drop by the store.

BAH! You know what the ironic thing is? The more that these people try to impose their self righteous impossibly unfun ideals on me, the more I want to do the things they would have a heart-attack over.

5 comments:

Lemonpeel said...

HAHAHA! Oh Jonathan, I'm so glad there are people like you in this world. It makes people like me feel more sane. I'm pretty sure that second paragraph had me doing the old man laugh right here in front of my computer. :) Hahaha, so stinkin' funny! Yay for rebellion!

Bruce said...

I climbed Mt. Shasta last weekend. There were three boys, one girl, and two tents. I slept in the same tent as the girl. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell. :)

Megan said...

Man, that is way lame! Someday people need to realize that when you are in college, you're an adult. Adults make their own choices! I can't believe they called the authorities on you! Grow up!

deRek, bRitt & Rowyn said...

So I had to laugh because when I went to BYU-I I also went on a camping trip with boys and girls. We had to be sneaky about it, because there are people like you perfectly described who would tell on us. Good for you though!! I think that people like that make it difficult to live in Utah....

joyciebear said...

*ahem* I concur.

I think we need more california transplants in utah. Lets go pop their holier than thou bubbles. And then, lets go camping...boys and girls. Just to piss them off.