Roberts

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Area 51

So last night was officially my first clubbing experience and I had a blast! We ate at the Cheesecake Factory before heading over to the club and it was really nice. Food was great, company was great... it was just a good relaxing dinner. It's been awhile since I've been to that restaurant. If you've never been, everything I've ever had has been really good. And no, they don't just sell Cheesecake haha.

Studio 600 was closed, so we found this other club called Area 51. I've always been self-conscious when it comes to dancing. But lately I've kind of stopped caring what people think, and last night I totally let myself go. The environment helped a lot- fog, flashing lights, loud music. When we first got there the only people there were sitting in the bar or lounging and we were like the only ones dancing. I definitely wouldn't have done that in the past. Eventually, (like around midnight), more people showed up and it was even more fun. We stayed until it closed at 2.

I walked away feeling like I'd conquered some kind of fear or like I was able to finally get rid of whatever was holding me back. It was SO liberating! Despite it being a regular dance club (not Studio 600) all the people were really cool... which I sort of didn't expect. I guess I expected some rudeness or something. It felt good to be around other people that weren't the cookie-cutter BYU student... not that I'm not a cookie-cutter BYU student, but it is just nice to be in a more diverse place sometimes.

My insomnia, however, has managed to stick around despite 5 hours of dancing. I fell asleep around 8am and had to be at work at 10. The 2 nights before I only got 4-5 hours of sleep. Tonight I am definitely buying some NyQuil and SLEEPING.

That's all

No comments: